On Paris

I can't explain how my life has been for the last one week, but it's been one of the greatest I could even dream of. Paris is indeed a beautiful, beautiful city.







I just realize that a week could really made me getting used to my surrounding and I let myself acted like a local (which sometimes seem too silly that I don't even speak their language). But, I finally broke that stereotype about how rude Parisians can be to a tourist who doesn't speak French;
For example, there was that day I was wandering all alone looking for my kind of heaven of earth in this planet earth which we all call The Shakespeare & Company bookstore. I didn't know that it is actually just right across the Notre-Dame, but I walked along The Seine and stopped dead around Saint-Martin and didn't know where to go anymore. So, I tried to read the map on the bus stop (Lesson 101: always bring your OWN map!) but I can't read that map, so I spent about 15 minutes thinking should I ask somebody or not.
I looked around and there were so many people walking here and there in a rush (Lesson 102: Parisians are always in a rush. But, Londoners too. Maybe it's just Indo people who walk like turtle. Brace yourself.) So, I was in doubt but I have to find this bookstore, then I spotted a guy. Jelas ganteng banget dan ngayal-ngayal sedikit kali aja nanti dari nanya arah jadi ngobrol terus jalan bareng terus kesengsem terus jatuh cinta terus menyusuri sungai Seine bareng terus yak ngayal aja terus. Anyway, Lesson 103: Lelaki-lelaki French itu different and uniquely super mega good-looking. So, finally, I asked a woman who I thought she would be okay if I ask away and I was totally right.
She smiled and she even took me to the holy bookstore (and we talked quite a lot during the way there) !!! :')

Shakespeare & Co is completely the real definition of heaven on earth. Oh Godness, who doesn't want to work here? With those endless stacks of old books, the piano upstairs, tall bookshelves and the stairs that you'll need to take the book at the uppershelves, not to forget mentioning the beautiful yet gergeous piles of new books and that you'll get that Shakespeare & Co stamps when you make a purchase. I just have to go back this friday.

(Lesson 104this bookstore is just one-stone throw away from Notre-Dame, remember that. All you need is just walk across the bridge after that beautiful church and cross the road and you'll spot this heaven.)


Do believe me when I say Paris is one of the most romantic city on earth, because you see, I've been spending most of the time on my own; getting here and there with no companion whereas everyone around hand-in-hand with their loved ones and..... it made me somehow a bit..... melancholy.
Actually, pertamanya selow-selow, masih senyum-senyum lihat sekitar, semuanya terlihat bahagia dan I'm so happy too to be here and it's just me that I'm so happy to see a couple who asked me to take their picture with the Eiffel background satisfied with the one that I took. It made me smile and perasaan hangat aja gitu lihatnya.

But, you see, sometimes walking alone along The Seine all by yourself isn't a good idea. That place is too beautiful (much much more beautiful than walking along The Thames!) you just can't handle it. Aku juga mau kaliiii jalan menyusuri Seine bareng si dia. Mana dingin, kan mau juga bergandengan tangan. Pokoknya nanti kalo kesini lagi harus sama si dia... Yea cuhhh, senorak itu. But, that was all. The city makes you baper and all.


With love, yang lagi agak baper


No comments :

Post a Comment