Le Petit Prince in The Petite France


“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” 


I think every hardcore reader, or bibliophile, in the world have already read the very famous The Little Prince book. But, to be honest, I myself just managed to read this incredible book last year after I read a few quotes accidentally in Goodreads. The one I read was that, the first sentence on this post.
Right after I read that quote, I opened a new tab and went to my favourite online bookstore and bought the book.

No later than two days, the book came in the mail and I've finished it within two hours. I know, I know, for the book which only has 98 pages and so many children drawing on almost every page of The Little Prince, two hours was such a long time. 

But what can I do?
After finished reading that, a huge place inside my heart are made for this little world in-a-book book. It is indeed, the book, incredibly so special I just could read it over and over again.


But really, we really can't judge the book by its cover. 
Although this book looks like a book for kids, from how thin it is and drawings all over the pages, yet this book has taught me waaay so many things that mostly a grown-adult often forget.

“All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.” 
This is for me like a reminder to never stop for being curious about every single thing in this world. I always try to think that we are still children trapped in adult bodies. So, it's normal if we are still being excited over little things. You know, I'm never ashamed of being excited over the blooming flowers, I'm never ashamed of being excited over the smell of my favourite foods are served in front of me. I'm never ashamed of being excited over Blank Space is played on the radio. 
Otherwise, I feel a little bit sad when someone tells me, "Wow, it's so easy to make you happy. Even things around you make you happy."

Why?
Does it need the world to make yourself feel happiness? Why can't the little things around you make you smile? Why do you think they aren't your source of happiness?

I just don't understand. I'm 21 years old, pretty sure that I can't be teenager anymore, right? And I still like being curious about things.

“Where are the people?” resumed the little prince at last. “It’s a little lonely in the desert…” “It is lonely when you’re among people, too,” said the snake.” 

The snake just taught us how eventhough we are surrounded by our friends, ten or even twenty, we might still feel lonely too. It reminded me, once again, by having ten friends doesn't promise you becoming the happiest person in the world.

“You're beautiful, but you're empty. No one could die for you.”
You might be beautiful. You have a straight long hair. You have beautiful rounded eyes and pretty nose. You have small lips and you wear 0-size jeans. You have thousands likes on every selfie you posted on Instagram.

But you know, if you know nothing about the world and society, I really don't know what's wrong with your brain. 
"Be smart. Be really smart that when people know you intimately, they'll forget how you look like."

“Grown-ups love figures... When you tell them you've made a new friend they never ask you any questions about essential matters. They never say to you "What does his voice sound like? What games does he love best? Does he collect butterflies? " Instead they demand "How old is he? How much does he weigh? How much money does his father make? " Only from these figures do they think they have learned anything about him.”
This one's pretty obvious and it still feels right in the chest.

“When someone blushes, doesn't that mean 'yes'?” 
Hahahahaha. This one is adorable though. 

“Only the children know what they are looking for.”
But for this one, it still leaves me thinking everytime I read this. I'm a grown-up, do I know what I've been looking for? Do I really know? This life, I've been living for 22 years, I went to school, going to college and studied everyday, what am I looking for actually? A stable life later? Or what?

Eventhough I know one thing for sure related to the afterlife. But, what about the life right now?


Then knowing that I'll have the chance to visit the famous Petite France in Seoul, it really made me so excited!!! 


It really felt like I was in the little prince's world where he met everyone there. Unless here, there are no strange planet, nor a snake. Also, no desert.


No comments :

Post a Comment